This exercise can be challenging, it is very good for balance, core strength, and cognitive function. (brain challenge).
1. Stand in front of a counter, place both palms on its edge, move your feet away from the counter until your body is in a straight line from your feet to shoulders.
2. Your hands are touching each other and your feet wide apart for stability.
3. Move your body forward so that your weight is supported by your straight arms.
4.Then place all your weight onto one straight arm- once you feel stable- bring your other hand up to your side. Ensure your body remains square and your bottom doesn’t lift away from the ground.
4. Lower the raised hand back onto counter, before now placing weight through hand you first raised, then raise the original balancing hand.
5. Continue to alternate which hand you raise until you’ve completed 6-10 each hand.
As always what has been suggested is general information and doesn’t take into account an individuals limitations or needs. Seek a medical opinion to see if this exercise is appropriate for you.
Positive Change Personal Training- encouraging you to be active beyond the short term.